Wednesday, August 18, 2021 / by Mitch Stein
For many homes and markets, professional help from someone in staging makes good financial sense. Check your staging options first. If you're doing it yourself, here are 5 key tips.
1. Depersonalize. You want the buyer to envision this house being their home. Remove the things that make it your home; photos, awards, collections, and stuff.
2. Move the stuff. It's tempting to shove things in closets and attics, but your prospective buyer will see a much smaller house if those spaces are full. Move it to a storage space or a friend's garage.
3. Warm it up. Baking bread or cookies, adding fresh flowers, colorful pillows or throws are touches that are used by professional stagers to make a place warm without your stuff.
4. Light it up. Light sells homes! Clean windows inside and out. Light bulbs all working and curtains open or even gone.
5. Go away. Don't hover, leave! Leave for a day trip and have your realtor tell you when to return. Buyers won't envision themselves in the home if you're around. Let your realtor do their job.
If you have any questions relating to buying or selling a home, please give us a call at 909-255-1070. Mitchell Stein License# 0208163