Wednesday, August 18, 2021 / by Mitch Stein
Professional staging may include the exterior of the home, but if you're doing it all yourself, try these 5 things.
1. Landscape and lawn. This is the first impression so make it a good one. Mow, prune, edge, and get rid of junk.
2. Paint and clean. Now you don't have to do the whole house, but the front door should either be painted or cleaned.
3. Leaks and repairs. Small visible problems can become large mental objections and change how someone feels about your house. Fix them beforehand.
4. Pets. Some people have allergies and concerns. Time for Fido to visit a friend. You weren't including him in the house anyway right?
5. Get Fresh Eyes. Have a realtor or a friend who's willing to be candid tell you what you missed or pay a staging professional for a report. We don't really see familiar things well so let them be your test buyer so you can present the best first impression to the real ones.
If you have any questions relating to buying or selling a home, please give us a call at 909-316-3481. Mitchell Stein License# 0208163